Puppies are the new Social Media (Pt.2)January 6th, 2012 by Chris Rudden
Puppies are the greatest
But, here’s the thing, … Puppies need to be taken care of.
And, as with your social media program, the time you invest at the start will make all the difference in years to come. So do it well; and if you need help, get it, you will be glad you did.
Learning to have pets
Puppies are a responsibility.
You need to feed them. You need to walk them. You need to love them. Pet them.
You need to give them a place to live. A space to play too, and let loose.
Dogs used to sleep in ‘doghouses’. Now they sleep at the end of your bed. ie. they are more a part of our lives than ever before. An extension of who we are. Our family.
People buy their dogs all sorts of toys, bones, booties, bells, and whistle; but your relationship really depends on the quality of the interaction with the dog.
Puppies/dogs are not free.
Learning to start a Social Media Program
Social Media is responsibility.
The tools are ‘free’, but the time commitment is not. What you do with it, and how well you do it, is up to you.
You don’t want to let your puppy down. If you are going to commit to doing social media, you might as well commit to doing it well.
Building your social media presence requires you to be a homemaker. Building your ‘castle’, whatever the size; but one that is inviting, full of love, acceptance, for you, and your loved ones.
Bells and whistles are neat and all, but your content creation is what you’re building. ‘Content is king’. Concentrate on interactions.
It can be overwhelming. Sometimes it is best to start with one puppy, and see what you can handle. Perhaps start by simply Monitoring social media, see what it is all about, and figure out where you fit in.
To reap the benefits of Social Media, you have to get involved. Pups thrive on a firm schedule – try to be consistent with your social media. You need to build your presence, you need to feed your followers with content, you need to utilize your network.
Puppies are the new Social Media (Tweet Me)
Social Media and Puppy Similarities
- Easy to fall in love with
- They are social, participate in your life
- Can alert you to potential threats
- Require a serious commitment
- Can be a distraction, and even annoying at times
- Require your attention, suffer without it
- Can make a real mess if left alone, and potentially cause serious damage
- Thrive on a firm schedule
- Benefits increase the more time you spend with them
Woof woof, paw paw
Perhaps you find social media overwhelming. Perhaps you can’t commit to doing it right by yourself. If you need some help, let us know, we are here to help.
Or, if you just want to tell us of your own puppy to social media comparisons, that’s cool too. We would love to hear them.
Woof you later!
(Related post : Puppies are the new Social Media Pt.1)
- Posted in About SRC, Investor Relations, Social Media
- 1 Comment
- Tags: #bcmining, #mining, #puppiesarethenewsocialmedia, #vanmining, @IRmag, @steelrosecomm, Canada Mining, Canadian Investor Relations Institute, coaching assistance, Investor Relations, Investor Relations Communications, Investor Relations Companies, Investor Relations Companies Vancouver, Investor Relations Vancouver, Jon Bey, Puppies are the new Social Media, social media, Social Media Communications, social media education, social media management, social media strategy