This past weekend, the Steel Rose Ball Hockey Team battled hard in the Vancouver rain/torrential downpour to help defeat Cancer. Soaked to the skin, but a little rain certainly did not dampen anyone’s spirit or resolve. An amazing event, a lot of fun, but also a lot of hard work, devoted to a worthy cause.
“The battle against Cancer is very dear to my heart. We lost a family member to this epidemic suddenly this week and it has reminded us again how much more we have to do to beat Cancer. My wife Haven is a cancer survivor and thrivor and her efforts battling Cancer inspired me to create the Steel Rose Ball Hockey Team.” Jon Bey – Steel Rose Communications CEO
“At the opening ceremonies, we were asked to write down the name or names of those we were playing for that day. While I started to write down a few names, I immediately realized it may have made more sense to simply write the name, ‘Too Many’. “ Chris Rudden – Digital Strategist and Social Media Specialist, Steel Rose Communications
I would also like to thank musician, Craig Northey, of the Odds, for joining our team as a celebrity player. He played nine games Saturday; and although exhausted, remained enthusiastic, and cheerful throughout the day. Great to have you on our team Craig!
We played five challenging games; but more importantly, we are close to reaching our Team goal of raising $15,000.00. It’s not too late to donate to our team, please follow this link to help us make a difference. http://bit.ly/UVFuLC
On October 13th, at Concord Pacific Place, Vancouver’s 1st annual ROAD HOCKEY TO CONQUER CANCER event took place. Almost one-hundred teams took part, bringing out the best part of humanity for a cause that is so close to so many. More than six hundred passionate participants, supported by friends and family, united by one common goal; to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer!
This dawn-to-dusk fundraising event features hundreds of spirited road hockey games, as well as musical acts, celebrity appearances, interactive activities, food and beverages, and so much more! If you enjoy a challenge, being part of a team, and donating your time and effort to an amazing cause, this is the event for you.
Funds raised through Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer support the Canadian Cancer Society’s mission to eradicate cancer, and enhance the quality of life of Canadians living with cancer. When you make a gift to the Society, your money will help to:
- fund the most promising research projects in the country, on all types of cancer
- provide information services and support programs in the community
- advocate for public policies that prevent cancer, and help those living with it
The Canadian Cancer Society is the largest charitable funder of cancer research in Canada. In 2010-11, they funded almost $49 million in leading edge research for a broad range of projects, across all types of cancers, including, breast, prostate, colorectal and lung. As the largest charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, they are leading the way towards the goal of creating a world where no one has to be afraid of cancer.
It’s not too late to donate to our team, please follow this link to help us make a difference. http://bit.ly/UVFuLC
- Posted in About SRC
- 4 Comments
- Tags: #RHCC, #RHCC2012VAN, @craignorthey, Canadian Cancer Society, Craig Northey, dawn-to-dusk fundraising event, defeat Cancer, eradicate cancer, Fundraising, Investor Relations, Investor Relations Vancouver, Jon Bey, Make a Difference, ROAD HOCKEY TO CONQUER CANCER, Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer 2012, Steel Rose Communications, The Odds, Vancouver
Together with the features and best practices of our completely customizable and flexible website platform, Steel Rose adds a full service, outsourced investor relations consultant company, specializing in the resource sector, with small to mid-cap public companies trading on the North American and European markets.
Darrell Heaps, CEO of Q4, had this to say:
“We are pleased to be working with such a talented group at SRC. I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Jon Bey, the company’s President and CEO, who is a high-quality, experienced investor relations professional. Our best-in-class corporate IR website and social media solutions, coupled with SRC’s comprehensive suite of services and IR solutions tailored to meet each client’s specific needs, ensure a well-managed investor relations program that will drive shareholder value.”
Jon Bey, President and CEO of Steel Rose Communications also commented:
“We are excited to be partnering with Darrell and his talented team at Q4. We understand that public companies are increasingly focusing budgets, and attention, towards a more strategic utilization of web channels for investor communications – including both the corporate/investor website, and social media channels. So it was natural for us to partner with Q4, as they have the right suite of products and services designed to address our clients’ strategic IR communications requirements.”
- Posted in About SRC, Investor Relations, Social Media
- 2 Comments
- Tags: #mining, @steelrosecomm, BC, BC Mining, Darrell Heaps, full service Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Consultant Company, Investor Relations, Investor Relations Companies, Investor Relations Companies Vancouver, Investor Relations Officer, Investor Relations Vancouver, IR Best Practices, Jon Bey, outsourced investor relations consultant company, Q4, Q4 Web Systems, Social Media Communications, social media management, specializing in the resource sector, Steel Rose Communications, Vancouver, well-managed investor relations program